Why not give a little bit of an edge to your closet by incorporating a little bit of punk into your wardrobe? It’s a great trend with celebrities all over the world. It’s very easy to do… just follow the following guidelines:
1. Incorporate neon colors alongside a black background.
2. Add tights in every color and style, the edgier the better. Do it like Taylor Momsen does it, playing punk princess on gossip girl.
3. Skinny jeans are the way to go. Forget about flared jeans and pants since we want to move away from the hippie style.
4. Graphic t-shirts with strong messages help create the punk attitude look.
5. Accessories with a strong personality make the difference between a regular outfit and a punk princess one. Add some toughness to your look with items like gloves with a skull print, scarves, converse shoes and rubber and leather bracelets.
6. It’s fun to wear a commonly girlie item which has gotten the punk princess treatment. cardigans, veil skits, lace socks are good examples.
7. Use accessories or clothes with the UK flag. England is always the best representation of the punk movement.
8. Wear sweet and sour make up using strong eyeliner and soft colored lips.
9. Don’t forget about your hair, since it will seal the whole look. You don’t want it to be too well done. Wear shaggy bang or if you dare, get a mohawk!
And remember, being a punk princess is all about attitude, not amount of make-up, gel, leather, or skulls will look trendy punk, if you don’t have the attitude to go with it. Be confident, and remember, this look is all about individuality.